I’ve never owned a preamp/converter that clips in the analog stage before digital clipping.
-18 is great depending on the reliability of a stable level from the source. If its live dialog, that’s a great level. Compressed music with less than 15db variance, you can go hotter, hence the "loudness wars” which made cds sound like crap.
I try to record as hot as I can without clipping the converter. A lot of the time it ends up right around −18. I don’t use that much compression.
He doesn’t own the company anymore, he sold it to the employees almost 30 years ago.
try to keep up.
I think people don’t have the vocabulary to state or the knowledge to accurately describe WHY they are so irritated with a song even when it’s a great tune or why they can’t listen to a whole album anymore.
“The Loudness Wars”,
They are a losing game, radio DOES NOT need you to compress or make loud, they already have extreme “companding" required by the FCC to help eliminate frequency drift.
Neither Loudness nor extreme quietness, check out “Some Girls” album by the Rolling Stones.
1. EVERYTHING hinges upon the facts regarding the fire temps and melting point of steel.
2. I worked in the towers on floor 51.
3. Thermodynamic wind created by the towers had fans to slow it down.
4. Center shafts contained vent slowing fans & the wind speed in there was VERY HIGH.
5. The fires were accelerated by this wind, jet fuel, paper, carpets, and broken natural gas lines.
6. There was thermite built in (inaccessible areas) to prevent a sideways fall.
It was still BUSH & CHENEY.
The American Government just tipped it’s hat against human rights with the Occupy abuses and they want to say Chavez was a dictator.
Throw down the penalty flag man!