Rare color footage of Malcolm X appearing on a television show in Chicago called "City Desk" on March 17, 1963.
"My father didn't know his last name. My father got his last name from his grandfather and his grandfather got it from his grandfather who got it from the slavemaster. The real names of our people were destroyed during slavery. The last name of my forefathers was taken from them when they were brought to America and made slaves, and then the name of the slavemaster was given, which we refuse, we reject that name today and refuse it. I never acknowledge it whatsoever."
- MALCOLM X: OUR HISTORY WAS DESTROYED BY SLAVERY
- MALCOLM X EXPLAINS BLACK NATIONALISM (March 29, 1964)
- Martin Luther King Jr. on Malcolm X
- WHO TAUGHT YOU TO HATE YOURSELF? (May 5, 1962, Los Angeles)
- Malcolm X: "My father was killed by the Ku Klux Klan."
- MALCOLM X: THE HOUSE NEGRO AND THE FIELD NEGRO
- MALCOLM X: "I Probably am a Dead Man Already."
- MALCOLM X: OXFORD UNION DEBATE (December 3, 1964)
- MALCOLM X: The Ku Klux Klan are Cowards
- MALCOLM X: I Have No Fear Whatsoever of Anybody or Anything
- If Someone Puts a Dog on You, Kill That Dog (Oct. 11, 1963)
- THE REAL REASON I LEFT THE NATION OF ISLAM
View all100+ items