The year 2014 marks the 100th anniversary of the residence on Wittayu Road of the U.S. Ambassador to Thailand. The home was built in 1914 as the residence a British engineer working for one of the first American companies active in Siam. After years of serving first as a diplomatic residence for the Belgian Legation, then a residence for American advisors to the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and even a short stint as a temporary quarters for Japanese troops during WWII, the house officially became the Ambassador’s Residence when the first U.S. Ambassador to Thailand, Edwin Stanton, called this place home in 1947. Here’s a (very) quick look inside the historic house at 108 Wittayu Road.