HAPPY WORLD HEART DAY!!
Recipe link : http://www.tarladalal.com/M...
Subscribe : http://goo.gl/omhUio
Tarla Dalal App: http://www.tarladalal.com/f...
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user...
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/107...
Tarla Dalal Blogspot: http://tarladalal.blogspot.in/
Mini Green Theplas
A completely nourishing breakfast that will keep you active through the day -- these mini theplas are a great alternative if you want a change from the regular oats porridge. Fortified with millet, ragi and soya flour, they are fibre-rich and extremely enjoyable.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Makes 10 mini theplas
For The Topping
1 tsp oil
1/4 cup finely chopped onions
3/4 cup finely chopped coloured capsicum (red , green and yellow)
1/4 cup crumbled low-fat paneer (cottage cheese)
2 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
salt to taste
1 cup quick cooking rolled oats flour , refer handy tip
1/4 cup ragi (nachni / red millet) flour flour
1/4 cup soya flour
1/4 cup jowar (white millet) flour
1 cup finely chopped spinach (palak)
1 tbsp sesame seeds (til)
salt to taste
1/2 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
1 tbsp ginger-green chilli paste
2 tsp garlic (lehsun) paste
a pinch of sugar
a few drops lemon juice
1/2 tsp oil
jowar (white millet) flour for rolling
2 tsp oil for cooking
For the topping
1. Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes, or till the onions turn translucent.
2. Add the capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for another 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Add the paneer, coriander and salt, mix well and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
4. Remove from the flame and allow it to cool completely.
5. Divide the stuffing into 10 equal portions and keep aside.
How to proceed
1. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
2. Divide the dough into 10 equal portions and roll out a portion into a 100 mm. (4")diameter thick circle, using a little jowar flour for rolling.
3. Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook it, using a little oil, till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
4. Repeat with the remaining portions to make 9 more mini theplas.
5. Spread a portion of the topping evenly over each mini thepla and serve immediately.
1. To make 1 cup of oats flour, blend 1 1/2 cups of quick rolled oats in a mixer to a fine powder.