SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake City Police Chief Chris Burbank answers frequently asked questions about the department in the Chief’s Message for September.
“There are always many questions about how we police the city—what is our staffing level, what is the budget, how do we deploy resources,” says Burbank, who answers the following questions in this first video FAQ:
• Who picks the police chief
• What does the police chief do
• How big is the police department’s budget and where does that money come from
• Who decides how to spend the police department’s budget
• Who sets staffing levels
• What is the ratio of police officers to population
• How does SLC and the scope of its police force measure up to other cities
• How is the police department organized
• How many officers and civilians are there in the department
About the “Chief’s Message”
Chief Burbank issues a monthly video message to help the public reduce its exposure to, or mitigate the effects of, crime, as well as spotlight different parts of the city’s public safety team. All “Chief’s Messages” are archived on the newsroom page of www.slcpd.com and the “Chief’s Message” playlist of http://www.youtube.com/slcpd
. To recommend a topic or ask a question for a future video, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.