Where am I? Test your powers of deduction, observation and online fact-finding. Using only a few short video clues, it should be possible to work out EXACTLY (to within 100m) where in the world I am. You might need to pay particular attention to background details, sounds, signs, wildlife or vegetation. You will probably need to get onto google, Wikipedia, google maps and/or other sources to narrow down the specifics. Along the way, you might discover things you never knew about bascule bridges, colonial history, food franchising, international electrical standards, renewable energy, harmonics and resonance, lacustrine limnology, and how to avoid traffic fines.
The video clips were filmed over a period of about 25 minutes, sometime within the last 30 days. They do not necessarily appear in chronological sequence.
1.You may ask as many questions as you wish in the comments.
2. I will answer all questions with “Yes”, “No”, or “Maybe”. Yes and No are obvious. I will answer “maybe” : if I genuinely don’t know the correct answer; if the question is posed in an ambiguous way; if the question is posed in such a way that it is not possible to answer with a simple yes or no; or for “strategic” reasons when the correct answer may provide too much information for others playing the game.
3. It might well be possible to ask “red herring” questions in such a way that other players are sent in the wrong direction. This is acceptable.
4. If you recognise the location immediately, please refrain from giving away the answer. Residents of the area in the video will be ineligible for the prize. I cannot police this directly, so I am relying on trust. If you know the area, feel free to ask questions in the comments that might steer people towards the correct answer by a process of deduction (or even AWAY from the correct answer, if you lthink it will add to the enjoyment of the game).
5. Anyone who knows me personally is ineligible for the prize.
6. If you think you know where I am, send an email to competition1@ROBwithaB.com. Only the FIRST email received from any email address or person will be eligible, so feel free to ask additional questions in the comments to confirm your guess before sending an email. However, bear in mind that the answers to your questions will be visible to others, so some strategic thinking will be required to avoid giving away the answer.
7. To identify yourself, your email should contain your name, and your location (home town, state/province, country). You may include your YouTube username if you’ve been active in the comments.
8. To qualify as the correct answer to “Where am I?” you should provide a unique description of the location, to within about 100 metres. This could be in the form of:
a street address to the landmark in question, with the name of the city, state/province/territory etc and country AND/OR
GPS co-ordinates of the landmark (latitude and longitude to within about 100 metres AND/OR
the name of the landmark in question and a full description of its location and function, with the name of the city and county.
9. You should also provide a brief explanation of your method of arriving at the correct answer, referring to specific clues in the video and/or comments, and citing the online sources that you used to get additional information.
10. “Where am I?” refers to where I am standing/sitting, rather than to whatever objects might appear in the background of the video.
11. This competition is not supported, sponsored or endorsed by YouTube or google or any associate or affiliate companies. It is solely for entertainment purposes and no expectations of gain can be made. I will strive for accuracy and fairness. However, it is always possible that I will make mistakes in my answers, which might lead to disputes or the “wrong” person winning the prize. If that turns out to be the case, I apologise in advance, but I am obliged to add that the judge’s decision will be final and therefore you will have no claim on the prize as a result of errors or omissions and neither google nor ROBwithaB will be held responsible for any losses suffered by any party as a result of you entering this competition, blah blah blah and all that usual legal stuff.
12. You need to be over 18 to enter, or the age of majority in the jurisdiction where you reside, because google says so.
13. This competition is run in accordance with YouTube’s Terms of Service https://www.youtube.com/sta...
and Community Guidelineshttps://www.youtube.com/t/c...
By taking part you confirm that you have read and accepted these restrictions.
14. Any personal data is provided solely for the purpose of organizing the competition, and will not be used for marketing purposes or made available to any third parties or affiliates.
15. If you've read this far, type "WOW" in the comments.