Get Ready Queensland is about building our resilience to deal with the extreme weather and natural disasters that are a part of living in our state. We want to make Queensland Australia's most disaster-resilient state and we need your help to do it.
Resilience is about more than just good preparation or effective responding: it needs a mindset that accepts extreme weather is a part of living in Queensland, and prepares to handle it accordingly.
- Take action -- do something now to get ready, better prepared and more self-reliant.
- Know your local risks -- what could happen in your street, neighbourhood, suburb, community?
- Have a plan -- what will you do if it happens?
- Prepare to be more self-reliant -- make your own preparations before the storm/cyclone/bushfire seasons.
- Work with your friends, family, neighbours and local networks to help each other get through extreme weather events and get back to normal quickly.
- Be more self-reliant so emergency services can focus on the most vulnerable Queenslanders.
- If it's flooded, forget it -- any flooded road can be deadly; playing in flooded drains and creeks can be deadly.
- Recovery doesn't happen in a vacuum -- it needs all parts of the community working together.
For more information and tips on how you can get ready, visit http://www.qld.gov.au/getready