Visit the website: http://www.ReturnToHope.com
NATO’s new Return to Hope website weaves together the story of Afghanistan as told by some of the extraordinary people who returned there, determined to help create a better country:
- an ISAF paratrooper who lost a leg to an improvised explosive device but returned to combat duty a year-and-a-half later;
- an 86-year-old American historian and archivist who has documented Afghanistan’s history since the 1960s, despite being thrown out for a decade by the Soviets and kept out by the Taliban;
- a TV presenter who began his career as a child radio broadcaster during the whose TV shows today attract millions of Afghan viewers each week;
- a musician and scholar who left a life of ease in the West to bring music back to Afghanistan after the Taliban banned it;
- a young entrepreneur, the first female CEO of an Afghan technology company, who dedicates her life to educating women, despite death threats; and
- a commando who stares death in the face to defend his nation.