Come learn from Googlers the latest tips and tricks to get the best out of Google Hangouts.
In this last episode of The Apps Show Season 1, Debbie and John reveal a few interesting things about Google Hangouts that you probably did not know.
In the news
- New features in Google Docs for visually impaired users: step by step guides, advanced screen reader support, advanced keyboard navigation
- iOS device management with iOS Synch, available for iOS7, 8 and the new iPhone
New in Hangouts
- Make voice calls: call any phone around the world. From the US, call any phone number in the US and Canada for free. Of course a Hangout to another Hangout user are free.
- Hangouts are now under the For Work Terms of Service, so you get 99.9% uptime and 24/7 phone support.
- The Eject feature to remove someone from your Hangout: see how to get this done.
- The Draw Art feature is really helpful, to explain your creative ideas over chat.
- The Pinning feature is now available to all speakers, not only the host.
- On your mobile you can now start a multi-person Hangout, without a G+ profile
- Beware, several of these features are not available to the consumer-only version of Hangouts.
We are now at the end of the first season of The Apps Show. This was an experiment that you seem to have liked. You enjoyed 14 episodes and 4 special segments over a total of nearly 100,000 views in just over 3 months. Thank you so much for this.
We are now working on season 2. Please let us know what you want to cover.
We will take a break next week but will be back on October 8 with more great fun tips on The Apps Show.
Thank you again all for your support and, don't forget to comment, share and subscribe.