A traditional opening ceremony would be held on February 12, 2014 from 3:30pm to 5:30pm at the ground of the Temecula City Hall located at 41000 Main Street, Temecula, CA 92590. This ceremony will be formulated into 6 parts as follow:
1. proceed to the «Rahiri»: a traditional welcome for the authorities and personalities (Presented by the Master Chief of Rahiri, Mamie Ruta of Huahine);
2. proceed to a "Orero": a traditional declamation of chant and presentation (Presented by the Master Chiefs of Orero, Mr. Roger Paa of Huahine and Mrs. Tania Vahimarae of Bora Bora);
3. proceed to the ceremony of 'Ava', consisting of sealing our cultural links by the preparation of a beverage (tree roots) traditionally prepared and shared with all the authorities present. (Presented by the Master Chief of Ava, Mr. Tunui Salmon from Tahiti);
4. proceed with the laying of the stone of the 'TASTE OF TAHITI' event to the authorities of the City of Temecula, as well as the stone of each of the authorities, organizations and personalities invited.
5. proceed to the installation of a sign consisting of a traditional carved wooden board with annotations corresponding to the event "TASTE OF TAHITI" to the authorities of the City of Temecula;
6. and to finally close this traditional ceremony with a small dance performance and gifts.