by vlogbrothers 186,803 views
Are you ready for a Nerdy Valentines Day? http://bit.ly/WekHqK
SUBMIT AND VOTE: http://www.projectforawesome.com
In which John introduces the sixth annual Project for Awesome, when
YouTube is taken over for one day by videos about charities. My
Project for Awesome charity this year is Save the Children, an
organization that has done amazing work with the nerdfighter community
over the last five years and hopefully will continue to be a huge part
of our community for years to come.
Let's reduce worldsuck! Every comment on a project for awesome video
over the next 48 will be one penny I have to donate to charity, so
comment like crazy.
HERE ARE A LOT OF LINKS TO NERDFIGHTASTIC THINGS:
Shirts and Stuff: http://dftba.com/artist/30/Vlogbrothers
Hank's Music: http://dftba.com/artist/15/Hank-Green
John's Books: http://amzn.to/j3LYqo
Hank's Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/hankgreen
Hank's Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/hankimon
Hank's tumblr: http://edwardspoonhands.tumblr.com
John's Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/realjohngreen
John's Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/johngreenfans
John's tumblr: http://fishingboatproceeds.tumblr.com
Crash Course: http://www.youtube.com/crashcourse
Hank's Channel: http://www.youtube.com/hankschannel
Truth or Fail: http://www.youtube.com/truthorfail
( - -)
by charlieissocoollike 646,089 views
JustGiving page: http://www.justgiving.com/charliep4a
My return to P4A after a much too long absence from it, in which I talk about one of my favourite charities, the Alzheimer's Society, and about my Granddad, Joe.
More about the project for awesome: http://projectforawesome.com
by SmarterEveryDay 44,288 views
DONATE HERE: http://bit.ly/HelpNotForgotten
If you're nervous about donating to a PayPal link, you can donate straight through their website or read more about what Not Forgotten does: http://www.notforgotten.org/
Download the song "Trilobyte" by A Shell in the Pit Here: http://ashellinthepit.bandcamp.com/track/trilobyte
Like A Shell in the Pit here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/A-Shell-in-the-Pit/4347396301
by DebsAndErrol 18,747 views
Please "Like" this video and also, vote here!
It's our first Project For Awesome (http://www.projectforawesome.com) and we were confused. But no matter, we are supporting the non-profit Office of Letters and Light who run National Novel Writing Month (http://NaNoWriMo.org)!
If you want to support them, by all means, please comment and like this video!
by oldpeopleattack 4,628 views
Thank's for watching!
The song is 'Sailing to Nowhere' by Broken Bells, and you can buy it here https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/sailing-to-nowhere/id35303
To learn more about Amnesty International, click here http://www.amnesty.org/
To donate to Amnesty International, click here http://www.amnesty.org/en/donate
Visit the Project For Awesome webpage here http://www.projectforawesome.com/
and remember to vote for Amnesty International and all of the other organizations you think could really use the money to decrease suck! DFTBA!
by emilieofnewgloom 15,537 views
Alzheimer Society of Canada
Vote for this video/charity: http://www.projectforawesome.com/alzheimer-society-of-canada
Project for Awesome: http://www.projectforawesome.com/
Donate to the Project for Awesome here: http://www.indiegogo.com/p4a2012/
Music by Jameson Bevington
I youtube: http://www.youtube.com/emilieofnewgloom
I tweet: http://www.twitter.com/emilydianaruth
I tumbl: http://www.emily-diana-ruth.tumblr.com
THANKS FOR WATCHING DOODS! :)
by missxrojas 13,083 views
Vote for this video here: http://projectforawesome.com/stroke-association/the-stroke-a
Donate here: http://www.justgiving.com/p4a
Find out more here: http://www.projectforawesome.com/
Music by incompetech.
Places in this video/places that remind me of my dad:
1. London Eye: The first thing we'd see coming into Central London, the marker, the sign of a day trip starting.
2. St. Paul's Cathedral: Can be seen from Richmond Park. I clearly remember walking up the mound to the viewing spot with my dad after whingeing about having to go on a walk with my family.
3. British Museum: Home to the Rosetta Stone, which is not only the name of a product my dad went on (and on and on) about but the stone that made translation of Egyptian hieroglyphs possible. I was a young girl when we first visited and remember my dad delighting in explaining the stone. He was also partial to the mummies...
4. Globe: My dad wasn't really one for plays or reading fiction (at least not by the time my parents had me) but he loved quotations and some of the clearest I can remember him quoting are Shakespeare (mainly the Scottish Play, curiously).
5. Boleyn Ground: Home to West Ham United, greatest football team in the world and who I used to watch play on the telly with my dad. Match of the Day was always automatically recorded, the sports channels were always in our cable package and on the rare occasions we'd play football with family friends, my dad lit up like nothing else.
6. London Transport Museum: Steam trains were my dad's big obsession. He really loved them and knew their history backwards, collected model trains, watched anything that had a train in the description. He cried watching Polar Express because of the boy and the train set.
7. Trafalgar Square: Trips to the National Gallery. Stories of Nelson on his column and how he earned the place of honour. And, when I was very young, pennies in the fountain.
8. TATE Modern: Family trips, quiet spaces where he could think and sit on benches and write things on post it notes.
9. Thames, South Bank & Waterloo Bridge: Where we watched the fireworks in Y2K. Where I pointed at MI5 and announced I wanted to work there and he said absolutely not.
10. Platform 9 3/4: My dad was the one who bought and brought home Harry Potter for me when I was six years old.
11. Millennium Bridge: Explaining the wobbly bridge to me and the various types of bridges. Passing down the Thames on a birthday cruise.
by elmify 14,050 views
It's Project for Awesome time again! Your time has value-- donate a little bit of it to a local charity or cause, and awesomeness will ensue!
A great place to start looking for a volunteer gigs: http://www.volunteermatch.org/
Or you could always check out these local places to see what volunteer opportunities they offer: hospitals, elderly care homes, food banks, community centers, museums, libraries, theaters, animal shelters... AND MORE!
Tons of cool stuff here!: http://www.projectforawesome.com
THANK YOU FOR WATCHING!!!
Thanks to Matt Green for the thumbnail, because I don't know how to work the photoshop on the internet machine. :D
by forwardslashAWESOME 7,245 views
In which Caitlin talks about her Project 4 Awesome charity, the Pernicious Anaemia Society
VOTE FOR MY VIDEO: http://www.projectforawesome.com/the-pernicious-anaemia-soci
A couple of months ago, I was dignosed with pernicious anemia.
I've been sick all this year with it and couldn't figure out what was wrong with me. I was super tired all the time, I would fall asleep on the train all the time (which is SO not safe), I felt really weak, the bags under my eyes were getting bigger and when I got worse, I started feeling really depressed and sad.
It was not a fun time.
But I know what's wrong with me now and my levels are good and life is good. And The Pernicious Anaemia Society helped.
They have a heap of information on their website, they have advice, all that good stuff.
I'm happy that I have a grip on this now and making this video has got me to look more into it which is always helpful.
Here is a link to the Pernicious Anaemia Society website (psst... they take donations):
Here's their twitta:
Here's my twitta:
and here's a smiley face... :D
Have a great Project 4 Awesome day
Also, DFTBA xoxo
by frezned 10,085 views
big surprise who'da thought that I thought you'd think I thought World Vision was the best charity
I do and you do
World Vision gift catalogue
Or just straight up donate
Or, lordy lou, you could really help bring an entire community out of poverty (your sponsorship affects FAR more than just the child)
Project for Awesome
Find out more about World Vision from me frezned
and also alex day and shanwanananlew
I was gonna search for my videos but this dude did a playlist! so thanks, this dude
or search for worldvisionvloggers
making a tag for it was a great idea in hindsight huh!
by GoodEveening 5,099 views
TRIGGER WARNING: Eating Disorders and Body Image.
So this is a thing. That I made. It's pretty self explanatory so have some links:
Project For Awesome: http://projectforawesome.com
Last year's video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rytOkPvT6o4
The Butterfly Foundation: : http://thebutterflyfoundation.org.au/
Paying The Price (The Economic Price of Eating Disorders) Report: http://thebutterflyfoundation.org.au/?p=1025
ABC Interview: : http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-12-11/almost-one-million-aus
by gunnarolla 10,061 views
Please vote for this charity: http://www.projectforawesome.com/partners-for-mental-health/
It's time to start talking about mental health.
For more info on Partners for Mental Health, visit http://www.partnersformh.ca. Make a declaration on http://www.callbs.ca
Fact sheet: http://downloads.partnersformh.ca/factsheets/Factsheet_Engli
LET'S DO A GOOD SOCIAL MEDIA
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/gunnarolla
Twitter - http://www.twitter.com/gunnarolla
T****r - http://gunnarolla.tumblr.com
Google+ - http://gunnarol.la/gplus
Instagram - gunnarolla
by hypermele 6,541 views
Hello! This is my first Project For Awesome video! I'm so excited. Books For Africa is an awesome charity that gives books to children in Africa who otherwise wouldn't have any. I hope that you donate to P4A or Books For Africa, or buy books from Better World Books! Thank you so much for watching & DFTBA. :)
Project For Awesome
Vote for Books for Africa here:
Books for Africa
Better World Books (Donating 2 books for every 1 book sold all December long!)
by AwesomeRants 9,592 views
Breast Cancer Research Foundation: http://www.bcrfcure.org/ IMPORTANT TO CONTINUE READING!
VOTE TO GIVE PROJECT FOR AWESOME 2012 FUNDS TO BCRF: http://projectforawesome.com/breast-cancer-research-foundati
by Falcons ForTheKids 3,939 views
Go vote for BGSU Dance Marathon at projectforawesome.com
Learn More about Dance Marathon:
Donate to BGSU Dance Marathon:
Special thank you to Mercy Children's Hospital and Kyle Rapp for their footage of both the hospital and the event! :)