Introducing Myself: Solo Musician Geeking Out & Touring on Motorcycle - From the Mind of McFarland video blog.
So I've been posting these videos for a while, so I figure it's about time I got around to introducing myself. My name is Michael McFarland, and I'm an al... err, wait, wrong introduction. My name is Michael McFarland, and I'm a writer, a rocker, a biker, and a geek. I'm a solo musician - a singer-songwriter from Asheville, North Carolina. I draw my musical roots mainly from 90s alternative, but there's also a lot of other things mixed in. Singer-songwriters like Simon & Garfunkel, Elliot Smith and Mat Kearney are also a big element, and I consider myself to be a student of all kinds of music - folk, hard rock, top 40 pop... it all gets mixed into a big pot, churned up, and comes out sounding something like me.
Allow me to clear my throat and continue introducing myself. I'm also a motorcycle enthusiast. I currently own two bikes, a 1974 Condor A350 - a Swiss military motorcycle with a 350cc Ducati Motor, the same as in the late 1960s Ducati Scramblers. My new bike, my workhorse is a 2008 Triumph Bonneville in a pretty red color. Whenever possible I tour on that motorcycle - there's something about that which harks back to the days of the wandering troubadour.
To conclude with introducing myself, I'm a geek. About most everything. I spend a lot of time geeking out about science fiction, music, technology, and just science in general. My dad is a nuclear physicist, my mom used to be a biologist, and among my siblings there are PhDs for Astrophysics, Chemical Physics, and soon Cultural Anthropology, so it runs in the family... and yes, dinner conversation at my family reunions is quite entertaining.
So anyway, I'm going to stop typing and let you watch some videos. I'd love to have you as a subscriber, so click that "subscribe" button and hang out with me!
Unleaded rhythmic alt-pop fuels singer/songwriter and two-wheel troubadour Michael McFarland's engine. Michael McFarland in the simplest summary? Writer, Rocker, Biker, Geek.
For Michael's Music, Cd's, Downloads, Merchandise, live show schedule, music blogs, music videos, and everything else you want to know about McFarland, visit the Michael McFarland Website at http://michaelmcfmusic.com/
- Motorcycle Luggage: Triumph Bonneville Saddlebags, Tankbag, Windscreen
- National Homebrew Day! Beer Description & Recording Plan
- Home Stretch! Time for a Strong Finish: Recording Diary 4
- The Best Birthday Gift for an Independent Musician - THANK YOU!
- Percussion Instruments, Acoustic Rock Drum Sounds: Recording Diary 3
- My Christmas Eve Feeling at a Recording Studio: Recording Diary 2
- Mixed Metaphors: Intentional Writing Errors & Songwriting Techniques
- Introducing Myself: Solo Musician Geeking Out & Touring on Motorcycle
- Pre-Season Training & Pre-Production w/ Jason Rubal: Recording Diary 1
- Motorcycle Sound - Microphone Placement & Vintage Engines
- Sad Christmas Songs: Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer Acoustic Cover
- My Wish List: I Want A Hippopotamus For Christmas. (Sad Cover Version)
View all30+ items