Our system includes Harborview Medical Center, Northwest Hospital & Medical Center, Valley Medical Center, UW Medical Center, UW Neighborhood Clinics, UW Physicians, UW School of Medicine and Airlift Northwest.
Every year, our four hospitals manage more than 65,000 patient admissions and nearly 200,000 emergency visits, while our clinics manage more than 1.6 million patient visits. UW Medicine's 2,100 faculty and more than 6,000 volunteer and part-time clinical faculty include four Nobel Laureates, 32 members of the National Academy of Sciences and 33 members of the Institute of Medicine.
U.S. News & World Report has ranked UW's School of Medicine No. 1 in the nation in primary-care training for the past 18 years. The school is the top public recipient of biomedical research funding from the National Institutes of Health and second in NIH funding among all medical schools, public and private.
UW Medicine is affiliated with Seattle Children's, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, the Veteran's Affairs Healthcare System in Seattle, and the Boise VA Medical Center in Boise, Idaho. We share in the ownership and governance of the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance and Children's University Medical Group. Visit http://uwmedicine.org for details.
- CT Scan - What to Expect (UW Medicine)
- PET (Positron Emission Tomography) Scan - What to Expect (UW Medicine)
- Teen recounts boating accident, learning to walk again
- MRI Scan - What to Expect (UW Medicine)
- Maternity and Infant Center at UW Medical Center
- UW Medicine patient gets Total Artificial Heart
- Physician Inventors Discuss First Device to Combat Vertigo
- Brain Aneurysm Coiling - UW Medicine
- Thumb Joint Replacement - UW Medicine
- Neuroscience for Kids with Dr. Eric Chudler
- Treating Meniscus Tears - UW Medicine
View all30+ items